H1 Series: Deck Ledger Brackets
H1 Series have no need for additional posts at masonry wall as a deck ledger support bracket design provides a deck ledger to be supported adjacent to masonry veneer.
Standard Depth Variations:
- 4" Depth "Queen Brackets"
- 5" Depth "King Brackets" (Less common, larger decks)
Splice Versions: (For longer decks with multiple ledger boards)
- 4" Depth "Queen SPLICE Brackets"
- 5" Depth "King SPLICE Brackets" (Less common, larger decks)
FAQ: HOW TO CHOOSE:
WHICH DECK LEDGER SUPPORT BRACKET TO USE:
- Deck bracket depth varies depending on the type of brick used. If using a commonly sized brick commonly termed "Queen" brick in the construction industry, the most popular deck ledger bracket is the Queen sized deck ledger bracket that has a 4" depth spacing. 4" Queen brackets can also be used for "modular" sized brick as well as stone applications.
- Custom sizes (used on many commercial applications or larger decks) will need a larger depth on a ledger support bracket. 5" Depth "King" Brackets are the variation typically used for these.
Standard vs. Splice
DECK LEDGER SPLICE
- Standard brackets of either depth are used at the inside deck corner and placed along the deck ledger.
- Splice variations are designed to be placed throughout longer decks. Splice brackets secure joining two deck ledger boards when one board isn't long enough to span your deck design.
- Hardware will change from a standard bracket to a splice bracket. For most residential applications a queen bracket (H1-GQ) uses (2) 6-1/2"Bolts (2) Nuts (4) Washers while a Queen Splice Bracket (H1-GQS) uses (4) 6-1/2"Bolts (4) Nuts (8) Washers.
FAQ: Spacing, testing, StandOff
- Deck Dimension Guide in Image shows how to calculate deck ledger bracket spacing. The most common spacing of the brackets is no more than 4' O.C. ("On Center" measures 4' from the center of each bracket to the next). As always, see additional guidelines per your deck design professional and local code authority.
- H1-GQ is rated by NTA-ICC to support 1,423 lbs., has outside rim joist support, and superior water intrusion prevention. Its open design allows for easy installation prior to masonry.
- Standoff is another term used to describe the Deck Ledger Support Bracket.
Deck Ledger Support Bracket Assembly
Queen Bracket Demo Assembly
GENERAL CONSTRUCTION NOTES
*Read Completely Before Installation*
Assembly Guides and Videos for illustrated purposes only: See additional guidelines per deck design professional & local code authority.
*Installer Is Responsible for Preventing Water Intrusion. Tighten all bolts & seal all caulk.*
Fasteners must meet or exceed local code
(Recommended: HDG ASTM 123 Hot Dipped Galvanized or Stainless Steel)
Install only in provided, specified holes.